Chequed Reference is an automated service where a candidate evaluation survey is emailed to each referee by the candidate, allowing both convenience and anonymity which improves the response rate of references, as well as the quality of each reference’s feedback.
Chequed Reference was developed by Outmatch and uses fundamentals of organizational psychology to accurately pinpoint the appropriate questions that determine an employee’s true past performance.
This eliminates reference bias and silver lining that is typically present in traditional reference checks, presenting only the most accurate and factual results.
Here is a quick breakdown on how it works:
- A “position” is created the system, the role is aligned to a benchmark in the system which ensure the reference check questions are relevant to the position. These are across 8-10 categories. (Examples: Resilience, Integrity, Personal Drive, Communication, Adaptability etc.)
- If you have any job/role specific questions you would like to add to the standard reference check these can be added to the standard questions. (this must be done before the invitation to invite referees is sent to candidates)
- The final shortlisted candidate/s names and email addresses are added against the newly created role. The system then sends out an invitation to them to register against that invitation.
- Once the candidate has registered, they add their references (we suggest a minimum of 3, but we can activate the report at any time once the two responses are completed)
- Before sending the invitation, they outline the reference name, company, and relationship to the candidate, and the reference is asked to confirm those details as part of their reference
- You can also get the candidate to complete the reference check on themselves which provides an insight into the candidate’s level of self-awareness.
An example of a customised question “In our company, most of the team is out of the office the majority of the time. How do you <name> will be in a work environment where they are working alone for the majority of the day?”
The candidate summary reports are easy to read, offering a graphical “traffic light” analysis on the appropriateness of the candidate for a position.
Hiring managers can see the responses across all references and review the relative strengths and weaknesses of the applicants. They will spend an average of 5 minutes checking each individual reference and considering their candidacy, rather than 45-90 minutes to contact each referee and complete the call.
If the hiring manager needs any clarification on a response in the report, they still have the option to pick up the phone and look for clarification.
Chequed Reference provides the opportunity to implement a cost-effective and productive platform that will ensure a consistent and structured approach to the final stage of the hiring process.